Go to the new North Northamptonshire Council website

Frequently asked questions

The NHS website says that you can pay to have a sample of tap water from your home tested for lead content. As my home was built around 1900 I would like to do this to see whether the piping from the mains is connected to the house by a lead pipe. How do I arrange this please? Kind regards, Katie

 Anglian Water undertake free testing of the water supply to domestic properties to determine if lead pipes may be present.

 You can request this with them using the following link: https://www.anglianwater.co.uk/help-and-advice/drinking-water-advice/lead/book-a-free-lead-test/