Talented local youngsters are being given a chance to shine as Wellingborough’s Got Talent returns to the Castle in March.
Singers, musicians and bands can apply now to have their moment in the spotlight, in the hope of being crowned the 2015 champion and scooping the top prize of time in a professional recording studio.
Participants must be between 14 and 30 years old and live, work, or go to school in the borough.
Mayor of Wellingborough, Cllr Jim Bass, who is hosting the event, said: “This is the second year of this competition and it’s an excellent way to celebrate the very best local musical talent. It’s a chance for these young people to have their moment on a big stage.
“When Wellingborough’s Got Talent started last year no one really knew what to expect, but it was an amazing success. The standard of performances was very professional and the whole event had a superb atmosphere.
“We’re hoping to build on that success. The show’s in March, but we’re looking for the performers now and I would encourage anyone interested to apply to take part.”
Teenager Lauren Jones, who won last year’s competition with a performance of Les Miserables classic ‘I Dreamed a Dream’, said: “It was a fantastic experience to stand there and sing to so many people on a theatre stage. An opportunity like that doesn’t come along every day. It was great fun to do and there was an extremely friendly atmosphere on and off the stage. I would urge anyone who has a talent to give it a go.”
Anyone interested in taking part should contact the Castle’s participation team on 01933 221 847 or email email@example.com
Wellingborough’s Got Talent will take place on Thursday 19 March at 7.30pm. Tickets are available from the Castle box office and cost £6 each or £20 for a family of four. All profits will be donated to the mayor’s charity fund.