The Council is committed to promoting equal opportunities in the provision of all its services.
As the body responsible for the licensing of Hackney Carriages and Private Hire Vehicles, their proprietors, operators and drivers, the Council is seeking to ensure that all sections of the community have access to Hackney Carriage and Private Hire services free from discrimination and harassment.
Practices of this kind of discrimination are in many cases not only unlawful but are not in keeping with the development of the Council as a diverse community.
In enforcing this policy the Council has a range of sanctions available to it, and will rigorously monitor and investigate any complaints of discrimination on the grounds of age, disability, employment status, ethnic or national origins, race or colour, HIV status, marital status, religious or political beliefs, responsibilities for children or dependants, gender, sexuality, trade union activities and unrelated criminal convictions.
- Licensing Public Register - Hackney Carriage and Private Hire
- Applying for an Operators/Drivers/Vehicle Licence
- Application Forms and Guidance Booklets
- Policies and Conditions
- Discrimination Policy (you are here)
- Equality Act 2010 - Taxi and Private Hire Vehicle and Driver Requirements