Go to the new North Northamptonshire Council website

Changes In Your Circumstances

Keeping us informed

If you currently receive Housing and/or Council Tax Support and there is a change in any of your personal circumstances, you must let us know as soon as possible.

Moving Address
If the change in circumstance is due to a change of address then you should inform the Benefits Section as soon as possible. You will then be given a "Change of Address" form to complete. If you have a rent liability you will also need to supply your new tenancy agreement.

If you have had other changes in your circumstances since last time you claimed then a new form should be completed.

Income support/Job Seekers Allowance has stopped
If Job Seekers Allowance (Income Based) or Income Support has ceased then a new claim form should be completed and returned as soon as possible.

You should also provide proof of your new income and any savings you may have.

Changes in income or savings
If your savings and/or income has changed (not Income Support or Job Seekers Allowance) you should contact us, notify us either in writing or directly. We will require you to provide proof.

If you are in receipt of Pension Credits you will need to notify the Pension Service of any changes. You can contact them on 0845 6060 265.

Change in rent
If private rent charges change then you should confirm the rent changes in writing. Proof of the new rent level will be required.

More information

  1. Introduction
  2. Keeping us informed (you are here)
  3. Changes to your household