Go to the new North Northamptonshire Council website

Food Safety

Food Business Registration

Under EC Regulation 852/2004 all Food Business Operators must register their establishments (i.e. each separate unit of their food businesses) with the relevant Local Authority at least 28 days before they commence trading. Any subsequent changes to the activities within the business must also be informed to this authority within 28 days of the change occurring, this includes notifying us if you close the business.


The definition of 'food' also covers drinks, so even if you only sell drinks (whether pre-packed or open/dispensed) you will still need to register with us. One example of this would be a 'wet' pub that sells only drinks and pre-packaged snacks.


If you need to obtain a food registration form, notify us of any changes, or require further information please contact the Health Protection Section.



Last Updated: 10/02/2011