Services and facilities
Services and facilities
We are no longer taking bookings for the following services due to Government guidance regarding Coronavirus (Covid-19).
- Hire of public halls, the Tithe Barn, Swanspool Pavilion and Finedon Town Hall
- The opening of the Splash Park at Embankment will be suspended until further notice.
- The market and Swansgate Car Park toilets are closed until further notice.
We apologise for any inconvenience caused.
Parks and open spaces
In line with Government guidance relating to Coronavirus (Covid-19) and social distancing measures the Council and its partners, Wellingborough Norse, have decided to close all communal spaces in public parks and open spaces in the borough such as playgrounds and football pitches. The public will be able to access some areas for their daily exercise, whilst keeping to social distancing guidelines. We look forward to reopening our parks and open spaces in due course and would like to thank all residents for their cooperation during this difficult time.
For the latest information about Northamptonshire County Council's country parks click here.
Nene Valley Crematorium
During the covid-19 emergency period, a restricted number of attendees at funerals continues. This restriction is in line with the governments’ social distancing rules, which means that a maximum of 21 persons can be seated inside the chapel, (more if those from the same household sit together) with a further 12 persons permitted outside to view the funeral on the external screen.
- only the following should attend, alongside the Funeral Director, Chapel Attendant, and funeral staff:
- members of the person’s household
- close family members
- or if the above are unable to attend, close friends
- attendance of a celebrant of choice, should the bereaved request this
- Those who attend should be signposted to the advice on social distancing and that they should not attend the funeral if they are unwell with symptoms of coronavirus (COVID-19)
The team are following Government guidance in relation to treating bereaved people with sensitivity, dignity and respect and responding to the Coronavirus (Covid-19) pandemic. All visitors are advised to visit the website for the latest information regarding changes to services or contact the team on email@example.com or 01933 229660 if you have any questions.
Our thoughts are with all those affected by the ongoing situation.
Cemeteries at Doddington Road, Wellingborough, Finedon and Wollaston
The cemeteries are open to the public, we request that all visitors adhere to the Government guidance on social distancing and essential travel. The cemeteries are now fully open with the following times:
Monday to Saturday:
- October to March : 08:00 to 17:00
- April to September: 08:00 to 20:00
On Sundays, all public and bank holidays and any additional council holidays:
- 9:00 am and close at the same times above depending on the season.