Wellingborough North (known as Glenvale Park) is a major urban extension to Wellingborough. Outline permission was granted on 23 February 2010 (WP/2008/0150/OEIA) for 3,000 new dwellings and associated facilities, infrastructure and open space. Subsequently, an application was submitted to extend the time limit for the implementation of the outline permission and this was granted on 14 January 2013 (WP/2012/0525/XEIA).
The proposed mixed-use scheme comprises:
- Approximately 3265 residential units
- A C2 Residential Care Home
- Employment areas containing office, light industrial, industrial and warehousing.
- A neighbourhood centre with small supermarket, gym, public houses, and other shops.
- Pre-schools and multi-use community centres.
- Two primary schools
- Two mixed-use local centres.
- Construction of access roads off Niort Way cycle/footways
- Reserve land for the Isham to Wellingborough Improvement Road (IWIMP)
- Country Park, multi-use games area, local equipped areas of play.
- Sustainable Drainage Systems.
Details of all past and present planning applications for the site are available to view on the councils website. We have also created a table listing all the relevant applications which is at the bottom of this page.
In addition to the planning consents and planning obligations, development of the site is guided by a number of approved parameter plans and documents listed below:
- Design Code for Phase One- June 2019
- Development Framework Plan- July 2016
- Parameter Plan A- Planning Application Boundary- June 2016
- Phase 1A Parcels Map
- Parameter Plan C- Movement Framework- July 2016
- Parameter Plan D- Green Infrastructure- July 2016
- Parameter Plan E- Density- July 2016
- Parameter Plan F- Built Form- July 2017
- Parameter Plan G- Building Heights- July 2016
- Parameter Plan H- Phasing Plan- Plan of First Phase- July 2016
- Parameter Plan I- Phasing Plan- Plan of Second Phase- July 2016
- Parameter Plan J- Phasing Plan- Plan of Third Phase- July 2016
This page will be kept updated with any key plans approved in the future.
The below table lists all applications currently approved on this site, for details of these applications follow the links in the table.
|Application Number and Location||Description|
|WP/2008/0150/OEIA||Outline Planning Permission for 3000 new dwellings, associated facilities, infrastructure and open space.|
|WP/2012/0525/XEIA||Application to extend the time limit for implementing the outline planning permission.|
|WP/16/00271/VAR||Revisions to approved masterplan including s106 agreement.|
|WP/16/00681/REM||Parcel R3 (Public House/Restaurant)|
|WP/19/00137/REM||Parcels R1 and R2 (199 Dwellings)|
|WP/20/00165/REM||Parcel R2 (49 Dwellings)|
|WP/17/00377/REM||Parcel R4a (66 Bedroom Care Home for Older Persons)|
|WP/19/00630/REM||Parcels 1a and 1b (3 Proposed Substations)|
|WP/18/00188/REM||Phase 1b (Infrastructure, two new accesses off Niort Way, SUDS and Public Open Space)|
|WP/19/00706/REM||Phase 1c (Infrastructure, SUDS and Public Open Space)|
|WP/19/00758/REM||Phase 1d (Infrastructure, SUDS and Public Open Space)|
|WP/20/00503/REM||Temporary in and out construction access off A509 Kettering Road.|
|WP/19/00380/REM||Parcels R5 and R6 (261 Dwellings)|
|WP/17/00525/REM||Parcel R4b (40 Dwellings)|
|WP/20/00099/REM||Primary School, Pre-school Nursery, Community Centre, MUGA and LEAP.|
|WP/20/00377/REM||Parcels R8a and R8b (238 Dwellings)|
|WP/20/00793/REM||Parcel R10a (148 Dwellings)|
- Wellingborough East (Stanton Cross)
- Compulsory Purchase Order - Station Island North, Stanton Cross
- Station Island North CPO Statement of Case
- Compulsory Purchase Order - Stanton Cross Infrastructure
- North Wellingborough (you are here)
- Park Farm/Shelley Road Area
- Station Island, Station Cross CPO Index of Core Documents