Borough Council of Wellingborough

Advice for Registered Childcarers on Domestic Premises Operating as a Food Business

Childcarers on Domestic Premises

The following advice has been prepared by the Food Standards Agency (FSA) for registered childcarers on domestic premises providing a food service to those in their care.

The advice has been produced in response to questions raised over whether these childcarers should also be required to register as a food business operator.


This advice is aimed solely at registered childcarers on domestic premises, including childminders, and is not intended for nannies and home childcarers or care operating from non-domestic premises such as nurseries, care homes and schools.


Advice information sheet


Further advice for childcarers operating as a food business is also available on the Food Standards Agency Website.