Economic Development Strategy 2016-2021
There have been a number of changes since the economic strategy was last reviewed in 2011, including the establishment of Local Enterprise Partnerships (LEP’s).
The economic strategy was reviewed to:
- Align with the Strategic Economic Plans (SEPs) of our LEPs and other key strategic partners.
- Coincide with the development of the emerging Plan for the Borough of Wellingborough (PBW)..
The council as a community leader is well-placed to work with its partners in the public, private and voluntary sector to recognise the role that we all have in shaping the future economic prosperity of the area.
The draft Economic Development Strategy was consulted on during December and all comments and feedback were taken into consideration.
The consultation confirmed that the key priorities remain:
- To invest in creating the right conditions for growth.
- To raise the local education, upskilling and Research & Development (R&D) provision.
- To create a vibrant town centre.
- To improve the visitor economy.
The Implementation Plan forms part of the economic strategy and sets out the activities to help achieve it.