The council maintains a number of car parks within the borough. The use of these car parks is regulated by the Borough Council of Wellingborough (Off Street Parking Places) Order 1994.
There is no charge to park in council owned car parks.
The council operates three car-parks in the town centre:-
- Commercial Way multi-storey car park (opposite The Castle Theatre) Opening times: Mon-Sat 7:30am-6:30pm (gate locked at 7:00pm); Sun and Bank Holidays 9:00am-4:30pm (gate locked at 5:00pm) . If you require a vehicle exit after the gates have been locked, please call 01536 512999 (charges may apply). Vehicles are left at the owners risk. The Borough Council of Wellingborough takes no responsibility for loss or damage.
- Jackson's Lane car park (High Street) Open 24 hours.
- Sharman Road car park (Morrison's, off Oxford Street) Short stay (3 hours). Monitored by Euro Car Parks on behalf of Morrison's.
The Wellingborough Location Map shows the locations of these car parks.
In addition to the town centre car parks there is also an all weather car-park at the Nene Embankment.
Northamptonshire County Council is responsible for on-road parking enforcement in Wellingborough. Further information can be found on their Parking Management webpage.
Residents only parking scheme
There is a residents only parking scheme in operation in Wellingborough.
The scheme operates between 9am and 12 noon Monday to Friday and affects only the following roads near to the station:
- Senwick Road
- Chace Road
- Colwell Road
- Chester Road
- Midland Road from the station as far as Ranelagh Road
- Elsden Road as far as Dryden Road
- Dryden Road
- Talbot Road as far as Knox Road
Northamptonshire County Council are responsible for running the scheme. If you need to apply for a permit or have any queries please contact firstname.lastname@example.org