Orlingbury and Strixton
Orlingbury is five miles north west of Wellingborough - a small village covering a large area.
Grouped around the village green are the parish church, smithy, manor house, cottages and farm buildings.
The Church of St Mary was rebuilt in 1842 and near the altar is an alabaster figure reputed to be Jock of Badsaddle, the killer of the last wild boar in England.Other buildings of note include Orlingbury Hall, built in 1705 on the site of the former manor house, the Old Rectory and the dovecote dating from the 17th century.
Strixton lies five miles south of Wellingborough, between Wollaston and Bozeat.
The church, dedicated to St Romwald, dates from about 1200, but only the west end is original, the rest having been taken down and rebuilt in 1874.
The population has fluctuated, being reduced to only two families when the land was enclosed in 1620, but never comprising more than 20 families. The population currently numbers around 25.
Pages in Parishes
Parish Council Clerks
How to contact your parish council