What is the residents panel and how do I join?
What is the Residents' Panel?
The Residents’ Panel is a joint venture between our council, Northamptonshire County Council, and other public service providers in Northamptonshire. It is made up of local people who have volunteered to give their opinions on a range of issues/services affecting the local area.
The Residents’ Panel allows the council to:
- evaluate the services we provide
- identify opportunities for improving services in the future
- understand local priorities
What do panel members do?
Panel members agree to receive invitations to take part in various types of consultations. The consultations may be countywide or local to the borough. The vast majority of these will now be online surveys and questionnaires as this is the most cost effective way to find out your opinions and has the best response rate.
- From time to time over the year, we ask panel members for their views on different important issues and topics relating to local public services and the future of the local area.
- It s also possible that members will be invited to take part in activities such as focus groups, forums and mystery shopping. It is up to members which activities they choose to take part in.
- We also make sure that we can hear your views without taking up too much of your time.
Who can be a member of the Residents’ Panel?
- Anyone can join as long as you are 16 or over and live in Northamptonshire
- No knowledge or understanding of the way services are run is required.
How do I join the Residents' Panel?
Visit the Residents’ Panel page to sign up.
Where can I find out further information?
We have created a Frequently Asked Questions page.
If you have any other queries about joining or would like to discuss the matter further, please contact 01933 229777 or email email@example.com
- What is the residents panel and how do I join? (you are here)
- Frequently asked questions (FAQ's)