The festive season is fast and approaching, and many of us will be planning trips out with family and friends and nights out on the town.
Residents are reminded of how they can make sure they get home safely by using licensed taxis.
All taxis must be licensed with the Borough Council of Wellingborough and display a licence plate and licence number on the rear of their vehicle, along with a smaller one in the front windscreen.
Here are a few tips about how you can stay safe this Christmas:
• Plan how you are getting on from trips and evenings out well in advance and pre-book a taxi
• If you need a taxi home make sure that you use the official taxi ranks
• When the taxi arrives, check it is the one you booked by asking for the name in which it was booked. If in doubt, don’t get in
• All licensed taxi drivers will be wearing an ID badge to help you identify your driver
• It is an offence for private hire drivers to accept unbooked fares and their insurance may be invalid, so always use hackney carriages (including the yellow saloon vehicles), unless you book a private hire journey in advance.
For more information about taxi licenses, visit: http://www.wellingborough.gov.uk/info/632/licence_-_hackney_carriage_-_taxi/219/hackney_carriage_and_private_hire_licensing