Information on the Dog Warden Service
The Dog Warden is employed by the Council to deal with various matters relating to dog ownership.
The aims of the Dog Warden Service are to:
- Promote responsible dog ownership.
- Respond to calls regarding stray dogs during office hours.
- Provide a reception point for stray dogs during limited out of office hours.
- Attempt to re-unite lost dogs with their owners.
- Educate dog owners on the laws concerning ID discs and compulsory micro-chipping.
- Assist in investigating complaints regarding barking dogs.
- Provide signposting for advice and assistance on dog behavioural problems.
- Respond to or advise on complaints of dog fouling.
- Enforce the Councils Dog Control Orders/Public Space Protection Orders.
Services are NOT provided for the following:
- Incidents where a dog has harmed or threatened harm to a person.
- Any dog dangerously out of control.
- Any dog worrying/chasing/injuring livestock.
These should be referred to the Police, on either 101, or in an emergency only on 999.