Housing Benefit and Council tax support assessment
The applicable amount differs for each household as it relates to you and your family's circumstances. We consider
- you and your partners age
- any disabilities you or your partner may have
- any children for whom child benefit is payable to either you or your partner
- your income
- any savings you may have
- the size of your family
- income from non-dependents (other people aged 18 or over who live with you.)
Remember - If you are aged between 16 and 60 and have savings of £16,000 or over, you will not qualify for Housing benefit or Council tax support. However, if you are over 60 and in receipt of the Guaranteed Credit part of the Pension Credit you may qualify
If I pay rent, may I get help with all my rent?
Your rent will be looked at to see if it contains certain service charges. We cannot give you help towards;
- water rates
- cooking and hot water
- laundry, TV etc.
These are known as ineligible service charges. You may therefore have a shortfall in the amount of rent you have to pay and the amount of Housing Benefit that the Borough Council of Wellingborough can pay. You would have to make up this shortfall yourself.
- Housing Benefit and Council tax support assessment (you are here)
- Making your claim