Apply for Universal Credit online
Apply for Universal Credit online.
- You must apply as a couple if you and your partner live together. You do not need to be married.
- After you apply, you must contact your local Jobcentre Plus within 7 days to make an appointment with a work coach.
- You will not get Universal Credit if you do not attend the appointment.
Change of Circumstance?
Changes in your circumstance will require you to claim Universal Credit. You will no longer be able to receive:
- Housing Benefit
- Tax Credits
- Income Support
- Jobseeker’s Allowance (income based)
- Employment Support Allowance (income related)
Please see the full list of changes that will trigger a change to Universal Credit.
For further information regarding Universal Credit, please see the guide Universal Credit & You, published by the Department of Work and Pensions.