Disposal and removal of abandoned vehicles
If you consider a vehicle to be abandoned, you can report it to E.L.V.I.S. (End of Life Vehicle Impound Scheme). This is a county wide scheme for the collection and disposal of abandoned vehicles.
You will need to give them the following information:
- Description of the vehicle (make, model, colour)
- The registration number of the vehicle
- The location of the vehicle
If you actually observed the vehicle being abandoned, please report it. The information may enable us to take legal action in order to recover the removal, storage and disposal costs from the person who is responsible for abandoning the vehicle.
- Dealing with our waste in the future
- Disposal and removal of abandoned vehicles (you are here)