The Borough Council provides a variety of play and youth facilities throughout Wellingborough and surrounding villages. The inspection, maintenance and repairs of the play and youth areas is undertaken by Wellingborough Norse.
Facilities for Teenagers
- Bassetts Close Skate Facility. Bencrete (concrete) skate park with half pipe, quarter pipe and wedge ramp. Located between Westfield Road and Oxford Street
- Castlefield Multi Court. Football/basketball court in Castle Fields.
- Croyland Park Multi Court. Multi activity court with adjacent youth shelter. Located in Croyland Park to the north of Kingsway.
- Croyland Youth Play Area. Dynamic play equipment for teenagers. Located in Croyland Park.
- Finedon Recreational Ground. Kick about area with tarmac pad and football/basketball goal. Located off Wellingborough Road, Finedon.
- Fulmar Lane Skate Area. Steel skate park with 2x quarter pipes, fun box and fun box with grind rail. Located on the open pace north-west of Fulmar Lane.
- Guillemot Lane Kick About. Kick about area with tarmac pad and football/basket ball, with adjacent youth shelter. Located alongside Nest Farm Crescent, off Nest Farm Road, Hemmingwell.
- Guillemot Youth Play Area. Dynamic play equipment for teenagers. Located off Guillemot Lane.
- Nest Farm Crescent Multi Court. Multi activity court with adjacent youth shelter. Located off Nest Farm Road, Hemmingwell.
- Queensway Kick About. Kick about area with tarmac pad and football/basketball goal. Located to the south of Olympic Way, Queensway.
- Queensway Multi Court. A fully fenced multi court area for football and basketball. Youth shelter adjacent to the court. Located on Queensway open space.
Facilities for Younger People
- Bassetts Close. Three play areas suitable for toddlers to young teens, incorporating an inclusive play area designed to accommodate those with disabilities. Located between Westfield Road and Northampton Road.
- Castlefields Play Area. The play area includes a range of equipment for all ages with a multi use sports area. Located between Midland Road and Irthlingborough Road.
- Croyland Park. A play area with a range of equipment for toddlers to teens. Also a nearby basketball/football goal located on a grassed area. Central to Croyland Park off the main cycle/walk way.
- Eastfield Park - for both younger children and more challenging equipment for teenagers. Located between Gold Street and Finedon Road.
- Elsden Road Play Area. A small local play area catering mainly for younger children.
- Embankment Water Play. Refreshing and fun jets of water. Open during the summer months. A sand pit area has now been incorporated into the facility. Located alongside the River Nene and The Embankment.
- Finedon Recreation Ground. Play area for ages 6+ and more challenging equipment for young teenagers. Located off Wellingborough Road adjacent to the Bowling Green.
- Guillemot Lane. Two play areas. Surestart sponsored play area for the under 4's and a play area for older children and young teenagers with more challenging equipment. Located off Nest Farm Road, Hemmingwell.
- Hardwick Road Play Area. Equipment for 3-12 year olds. Located to the east of Minerva Way.
- Kilborn Road Play Area. Provision of equipment for all age ranges including a small kick about area for older children and climbing stones.
- Newcomen Road Play Area. A dedicated area for toddler play and a separate are for older children. Aimed at local use. Located between Newcomen Road and Winstanley Road.
- Redhill Grange Play Area. Mostly toddler play with one multi activity for 7-14 year olds. Located off The Banks.
- Redwell Leisure Centre. Small play area for younger children. Located adjacent to Redwell Leisure Centre on Barnwell Road.
- Queensway Play Area. Range of activities from toddler through to 12 years of age. On the open pace area to the south of Olympic Way, Queensway.
- Stanwell Way Play Area. Two independent areas with a range of equipment for toddlers through to young teenagers. Located on Stanwell Way open space, off Shelley Road.