Back to Business - Re-opening your business following covid 19 - Advice for businesses
Resources for Business Use
Latest Guidance May 2020
For information, the following has been published on the updated measures:
- The Government has updated its guidance on social distancing, with a new page titled ‘staying alert and staying safe’. This includes information on protecting different groups of people, staying at home, businesses and venues, visiting public places, public gatherings and going to work. This guidance applies only in England.
- The Government has published "Our plan to rebuild’, a 60-page document outlining its COVID-19 recovery strategy,
- The Government has also published Frequently Asked Questions to help explain what people can and can’t do. This currently covers accessing public spaces, advice for vulnerable groups including the ‘shielded’, going to work, public transport, schools and childcare, borders and enforcement.
- The Government has published new ‘COVID-19 secure’ guidelines to UK employers to help them get their businesses back up and running and workplaces operating as safely as possible. They have also published eight guides which provide more tailored advice on different types of workplace.
- Public Health England has updated its campaign resources which councils can access to help support your own local messaging. This includes posters and other materials in line with the new ‘Stay Alert to Stay Safe’ slogan and materials that can be displayed near ports of entry, in line with the new advice on self-isolating for 14 days on entry to the UK. We have been assured that councils will not be called upon to check that in-bound travellers comply with their isolation obligations.
We expect further guidance to be published in the coming days, which is likely to include official advice that a visit to household waste and recycling centres is an appropriate reason to travel. The Health Protection (Coronavirus, Restrictions) (England) Regulations 2020 soon will be amended in the coming days to reflect the latest measures.
- Construction and Other Outdoor Work
- Factories and Research Facilities
- Labs and Research Facilities
- Offices and Contact Centres
- Other People's Homes
- Restaurants Offering Takeaway or Delivery
- Shops and Branches
- Hackney Cariage and Private Hire
Food Standards Agency (FSA) and Relevant Authorities - latest guidance
Updated FSA advice 21/05/2020 - Reopening and Adapting Your Food Business During Covid 19
Compliance leaflets available for:
Guidance for Consumers can be found here
Guidance for Hackney Carriage and Private Hire Drivers can be found here.
Due to the volume of enquiries we are receiving and the critical nature of Environmental Health work in relation to developing the countywide response to the Covid-19 situation, we are unable to provide specific advice in relation to enquiries regarding individual businesses and how they manage the risks of Covid-19.
We recommend you follow the national guidance available at: https://www.gov.uk/coronavirus There are various guides and other useful information for employers, employees and others that have now been published, and this central website is updated regularly with all developments.
If your enquiry is about something other than Covid-19, we will endeavour to respond as soon as practicable; however, due to current resource demands this may take us a little longer than usual, and we would ask you to bear with us.
Health Protection - HealthProtection@wellingborough.gov.uk
Environmental Protection - firstname.lastname@example.org
Licensing - email@example.com