Freedom of Information Act
Freedom of Information
The Freedom of Information Act 2000 (FOI) gives anyone, regardless of age, nationality or location the right to request information from the Borough Council of Wellingborough (BCW).
Prior to making a request
Information accessible by other means is exempt from release under the Act. Therefore before sending your request, you may wish to check if the information you require is already in the public domain
- The Publication Scheme can be checked for routinely published information.
- Information on planning applications may be found through our Planning Portal
- Some information may not be held by BCW but may instead be found through Northamptonshire County Council or Wellingborough Homes.
Information that can be requested
Any information we hold can be requested, however, some information can be withheld if certain exemptions apply.
Pages in Freedom of Information Act
- You are here: Freedom of Information Act
- Making a request for Information
- Further Information
- Information not held by the Borough Council of Wellingborough
- Environmental Information Regulations 2004