When will my compost be ready to use?
Lift the bottom of the bin up and see what it looks like. The bottom layers should resemble compost. It should be dark in colour and smell earthy. It may contain some twigs etc that have not yet composted fully, but you can put these back in the bin along with the top layers or recently added materials.
Keep adding to your bin, it is an ongoing process.
You can use your compost in your garden: flower beds, patio pots and hanging baskets etc. It will improve the soil quality and help your garden grow.
Pages in Composting
- Reduced price home composters
- What materials can I put in my home composting bin?
- Where is the best place to put my compost bin?
- What do I need to do with my compost bin?
- You are here: When will my compost be ready to use?
- Master Composting Scheme
Free composting advice. Email Wellingborough Norse and we can put you in contact with your local Master Composter experts.
Contact Wellingborough Norse
Address: Trafalgar House, Sanders Park, Finedon Road Industrial Estate, Wellingborough NN8 4FR
Tel: 01933 234520
Fax: 01933 443954