Public Inspection Notice
Statement of Accounts 2016-17 – Public Inspection Notice
Notice of the commencement and duration of the period for the exercise of public rights under the Local Audit and Accountability Act 2014 and the Accounts and Audit Regulations 2015
Further to Regulations 9, 14 and 15 of the Accounts and Audit Regulations 2015, notice is hereby given that the period for the exercise of public rights in respect of the Council’s Statement of Accounts for 2016-17 will:
- commence at 9:30 am on Monday 5 June 2017, and
- conclude at 4:30 pm on Friday 14 July 2017.
During this period the following documents will be made available:
- The Statement of Accounts
- The Annual Governance Statement
- The Narrative Report
The Council’s accounts will remain subject to audit by the local auditor, whose name and address is:
John Cornett (for and on behalf of KPMG LLP)
St Nicholas House, Park Row
During the inspection period:
- Any persons interested may inspect the accounting records for 2016-17 and all books, contracts, bills, vouchers, receipts and other documents relating to those records (subject to considerations of commercial confidentiality and requirements in respect of personal information).
- At the request of a local government elector of the Council’s area, the auditor must give the elector, or any representative of the elector, an opportunity to question the auditor about the accounting records of the Council.
- A local government elector for the Council’s area, or their representative, may object to the Council’s accounts, asking that the auditor issue a report in the public interest or apply a declaration that an item of account is unlawful under Section 28 of the Local Audit and Accountability Act 2014. Written notice of the proposed objection and of the grounds on which it will be made must be sent to the auditor at the address shown above and also copied to the Council at the address given below.
The Statement of Accounts and other documents will be available for inspection at Swanspool House, Doddington Road, Wellingborough, on the dates and at the times shown above. Where possible can you please contact Samantha Knowles (Principal Finance Manager) on 01933 231668, in advance to arrange a time for inspection so that appropriate arrangements can be made for accommodation needs.
The person and address to which a copy of any proposed objection must be sent is:
Section 151 Officer