BWF and IVV
The BWF and IVV
The Waendel Walk Working Party are proud to be a member of the British Walking Federation, which provides many opportunities for people to make friends and enjoy the British Countryside through its programme of organised non- competitive events.
The International Waendel Walk is also sanctioned by the International Volksport Verband (IVV) and is eligible for credit towards IVV achievement awards.
The British Walking Federation's member clubs organise events designed for people of all ages and abilities.
You don't have to be a member of a club to take part, all you need to do is come to an event and register and take the opportunity to have fun and make friends.
Aims of the British Walking Federation are:
- provide outdoor sports, free from competition, for people of all ages
- encourage personal fitness through participation in regular, non-competitive exercise
- contribute towards International understanding and friendship by encouraging people of all nationalities, races and religions to participate freely and without hindrance
- promote events, observing minimum standard requirements to enable the aims to be realised
- provide a system of awards for regular participation in Federation events which is available to all participants
For more information please visit the BWF website
- International Waendel Walk 2019
- Friday Night Opening Parade and Friendship Walks
- Simba's Friendship Trail
- Waendel Swim
- Closing Ceremony and Awards Presentation
- Entertainment Schedule for the Weekend
- How to register for the Waendel Walk Weekend
- BWF and IVV (you are here)
- IML Walking Association
- Frequently Asked Questions
- About Us- Waendel Walk Working Party
- A Brief History of the Waendel Walk Event
- Supporting Charities and Good Causes