Splash Park at The Embankment, Wellingborough
The Splash Park is a popular children's water play feature situated next to the River Nene at The Embankment, Wellingborough (NN8 1LD). It is completely free and offers everything families could need for a fun-filled day in the sun. As well as the main water feature there are picnic tables, a shelter and regular food and ice cream vans. There is free car parking, toilets and baby changing facilities.
Splash Park Opening Times 2019
The Splash Park will be open (subject to favourable weather conditions) on the following dates between 12 noon and 6:30pm. The water is switched off at 6pm, and the gates are locked at 6.30pm.
- Saturday 6th April - Monday 22nd April (open daily)
- Saturday 27th April & Sunday 28th April (weekend only)
- Saturday 4th May - Monday 6th May
- Saturday 11th May - Sunday 26th May (weekends only)
- Monday 27th May - Friday 31st May (open daily)
- Saturday 1st June - Sunday 21st July (weekends only)
- Tuesday 23 July - Tuesday 3rd September (open daily)
- Saturday 7th September - Sunday 27th October (weekends only)
- Monday 28th October - Friday 1st November (open daily).
Embankment splash park visitor questionnaire
Over the last 10 years the splash park has been a successful addition to this attractive area of Wellingborough. We would like to know what you enjoy most about the facility and what improvements you feel the area might need. The council has limited budgets and wants to make sure we are giving priority to the things that local people want most.
A visitor survey was carried out during the Summer 2015 and the results of this survey can be viewed here.