Borough Council of Wellingborough

Blocked gulleys or grids

Northamptonshire County Council are responsible for the maintenance of roadside surface water drains normally situated in the kerbside channel or gutter on highways.

Their responsibility is to keep the gullies clear allowing water to run away freely. The gully consists of a grating on top of the gully pot leading to the pipe which conducts the water into the surface water main sewer. The main sewer is the responsibility of Anglian Water. More information can be found on Northamptonshire County Council's Transport and Streets webpage.

If you wish to report a blocked gulley please contact Street Doctor, details below.

Drainage from private houses and on private land (including incoming service, waste/surface water and foul) are the responsibility of the house owner or Anglian Water. More information on this can be found on our Drainage webpage.