Borough Council of Wellingborough

Skip permits

To place a skip on the highway without first applying for and being granted a licence is an offence under The Highways Act and may result in a prosecution.

Skip companies wishing to apply for a permit to deposit a skip on the highway must apply for a permit from the Highway Authority which is Northamptonshire County Council.

How to apply for a permit - Please contact Northamptonshire County Council.

Skips should not be placed on the highway until confirmation that the appropriate documentation and fee have been received and permit actually issued.