Borough Council of Wellingborough

Housing benefit - new claim

To claim Housing Benefit you will need to complete a claim form.

You can get a claim form from the Council Offices, Tithe Barn Road, Wellingborough or you can contact our Customer Services Department on 01933 231692 to request a form by post.

If you are making a claim for other benefits, for example, Income Support, Job Seeker's Allowance, Incapacity Benefit and Pension Credits you should be given a claim form by the Department for Work and Pensions.

All forms must be fully completed and you will be required to provide documents to confirm the following for yourself and your partner (if you have one):

  • Identity
  • National Insurance Number(s)
  • Income
  • Capital
  • Rent (if you rent your home from a private landlord or Housing Association)
  • Household

Benefit is usually awarded from the Monday after the claim form is received at the Council Offices.

Your benefit cannot be calculated until we receive all the proof BUT don't let this delay sending the form back - you can always send the proof in later.

Please note, however, that you only have 28 days to provide all supporting evidence.